About Me

My photo
Nashik, Maharashtra, India
Analyst, Investor, Student, Animal Lover, Gaming Enthusiast, Saarthi, Hindu Nationalist, Seeker and Chaitanya! I take immense pride as a Bhaaratiya and as a Hindu - I have complete faith that the Sanatani value system can truly guide us towards inner peace which forms the nucleus of all my actions. I like to think of myself as a Thought Provoker and an Inquisitive Traveler committed to my nation’s tryst with destiny - to realize the dreams of Arya Chanakya, Swami Vivekananda, Veer Savarkar, Shivaji Maharaj, APJ Abdul Kalam and many more. My Faith: No cause is lost if there is 1 mad guy left to fight for it! My Motto: God give me courage to change what I can, the strength to accept what I can’t and the wisdom to know the difference! My Principle: Ask not what the nation does for you, ask what you can do for your nation! My Driving Force: Karen Raven's quote, "Only as high as I reach can I grow, only as far as I seek can I go, only as deep as I look can I see, only much as I dream can I be" My Goal: To make myself a better person today, than what I was yesterday!

Tuesday 20 July 2010

Nature : The One Colossal Classroom....

I struck gold dust @ 9:40 pm today. This is not about the physical glow and the lustre and the riches I am talking about but its wisdom. We as humans consider ourselves quite superior to nature never understanding the full glory of nature and its laws. Nature hints us in many ways to obey and abide by them lest calamity befall us. Throughout history we have regularly belittled nature as something insignificant, never realizing the true expanse of nature and disrespected it even when we experienced floods, earthquakes, forest fires, volcanic eruptions and tsunamis. Nature sent out wisdom calmly through its realms using everything around as a media for the same and we kept ignoring it; we do so even now.

"Look deep into nature and you will understand everything better"
Albert Einstein

Nature today sent me a great message and I jumped at the opportunity to post it on the blog. Out of its many laws, there is the law of the wild which says not to kill when the self is not hungry. I will put forward my opinions and inferences from the following but before that take a look.


Photographer Michel Denis-Huot, who captured these amazing pictures on safari in Kenya 's Masai Mara in  October last year, said he was astounded by what he saw:


"These 3 brothers (cheetahs) have been living together since they left their mother when they were about 18 months old" he said. "On the morning we saw them, they seemed not to be hungry, walking quickly but stopping sometimes to  play together. At one point, they met a group of impalas who ran away. But one youngster was not quick enough and the brothers caught it easily."

These extraordinary scenes followed.......














Dumbfounded? Stupefied? Are you finding it hard to believe? This is nature..........

The creations of nature are mystique and carrying deep wisdom. We claim that animals are below us as they are not blessed with a brain like ours, with intelligence like ours and the power of discretion like ours but how many of us can display such mercy and restrain on power? It is the nature and duty of the carnivorous Cheetah to kill an Impala for its supper but in this case it did not as it was "not hungry". It directly implies that when not a need it did not take the life of the baby Impala and showed mercy. The Cheetah possesses power but it has displayed one aspect of power unknown to many humans, i.e. the ability to restrain power and use it only when needed for the right cause in synchronous state with nature.

"With great power comes great responsibility"
Bob Dylan

We have heard this quote by Bob Dylan in the Hollywood movie Spiderman, do we take the efforts to understand it? The Cheetah obeyed the law of nature in this case and understood Bob Dylan's quote, I should say without even knowing it. How did that happen? Now this is the beauty of nature. Nature knows and comprises everything. If we humans are fortunate then we can discover those laws in time. I don't think humans are a superior race to the animals after seeing the above pics. The Cheetahs humbled me today. Abusing power is a norm today and it is justified by its supporters by the statement "Power is everything and gets me what I wan't, when I wan't". Had the Cheetah displayed selfishness(as the abuser of power does) and cowardice, it would have killed the Impala when it was not hungry. The last few words imply that we should derive inspiration from these animals and know where power is justified and rightful and not abuse it for the sake of it.

"Cowards are cruel but the true brave love mercy and delight to save"
John Gay

Mercy should be an important word in our path to super power Bhaarat. Killing, cursing and abusing just for the sake of it is incorrect. Both, The soldier and the terrorist carry guns but the former kills when needed as his responsibility to the nation while the latter's mind knows nothing about mercy and responsibility. Power, mercy and responsibility are each words of tremendous potential even in their own rights but when combined we have a great weapon at our disposal. How that weapon is to be used is dependent on the carrier, his intentions and his character.

It is not everyday that nature teaches us wisdom by placing it right in front of our eyes rather it whispers slowly which is difficult to catch when our minds are clouded by the external enticing and "easier" options available. Nature today taught me a very valuable lesson and reminded me in very simple terms that I am still "nothing" in sharper contrast. But the fact that I am nothing enables me to dream even bigger as it highlights an opportunity to achieve much more so I can surely say I have so many more lessons to learn as compared to the Cheetah, Yah Cheetah! I am going to learn more!

Well, that last sentence was a leg puller. I am not sure that I will escape alive if I pull the leg of a Cheetah! Hang on, I just might be able to if I find out the time the Impala was caught!

To put the fact of greater learning chance available to all of us in better perspective I have the perfect example-


A battalion of soldiers were once surrounded on all sides by enemy forces in much greater numbers. 1 of the soldiers reported this to his Commander when the firing was about to start and the Commander replied, "Great! We can fire in any direction!" This is Attitude....

I wish to take all these lessons with me and deposit them in my brain for analysis and transfer them in the permanent section as such lessons are one day going to enable us to transform our big dream into a reality. This is not a prediction, it is my faith and confidence. Nothing, I repeat Nothing can stop Bhaarat from being a super power.....


Jai Hind!



3 comments:

Sunnygodu said...

Dear Chaita,
Interesting!! The other day I saw this film on TV either Discovery or Animal Planet, but you thought it right and I like the lesson you learnt.Love Sunil

Unknown said...

hi chaitnaya...
luved ur blog...topic and content was awsum...pics added life to it..
liked gay's and albert's statement...
tganx a lot man...for dis awsum job...
always try to learn from you...
mahipal

Chaitanya Godbole said...

Thanx Mahi!
Ur appreciation means a lot to me and the cause....
Keep Fighting....
Live Free....