About Me

My photo
Nashik, Maharashtra, India
Analyst, Investor, Student, Animal Lover, Gaming Enthusiast, Saarthi, Hindu Nationalist, Seeker and Chaitanya! I take immense pride as a Bhaaratiya and as a Hindu - I have complete faith that the Sanatani value system can truly guide us towards inner peace which forms the nucleus of all my actions. I like to think of myself as a Thought Provoker and an Inquisitive Traveler committed to my nation’s tryst with destiny - to realize the dreams of Arya Chanakya, Swami Vivekananda, Veer Savarkar, Shivaji Maharaj, APJ Abdul Kalam and many more. My Faith: No cause is lost if there is 1 mad guy left to fight for it! My Motto: God give me courage to change what I can, the strength to accept what I can’t and the wisdom to know the difference! My Principle: Ask not what the nation does for you, ask what you can do for your nation! My Driving Force: Karen Raven's quote, "Only as high as I reach can I grow, only as far as I seek can I go, only as deep as I look can I see, only much as I dream can I be" My Goal: To make myself a better person today, than what I was yesterday!

Sunday 4 July 2010

Elixir to Governance Paralysis....

A paralyzed government is maybe the worse curse on the country. Any Tom, Dick and Harry today dictates terms to the governing body thus affecting every policy. May it be the Nuclear Deal, may it be the economic policies of the government, some or the other small party always has its vested interests on the line and want the nation to stay under developed because of their selfish motives.
Never does the nation be the top priority! One threat by the coalition and bang goes the developmental idea. We actually don't know, but there are good people too in the government who wish to do some genuine growth promoting tasks and help the nation be better in their capacity. This bane of coalition politics douses the burning passion within such policy makers and they take a place with the next scoundrel.
My frustration actually reached a very interesting plane of thought a few days back and an idea struck me. It would be quite interesting to know what all of you have to say over it.
How would it be had the government formation at the centre been with the single largest majority party? Cutting out the unnecessary leeches which suck the life and blood out of governance, how would that sound?
At this time, more than 50% assembly seats are required to form a central government which results into those illogical and governance paralyzing coalition governments. If party X has the majority votes as compared to all parties, say 170 out of the 545 then X alone will form the government. It would stop blackmailing from minority parties and give the ruling party a better chance to effect good norms and decisions. We have seen how small parties hold the nation at ransom for their selfish gains. This rule will cut off this mongrel menace and promote good decisions being taken. Corrupt coalition partners are totally thrown out of the picture. There would be no need to satisfy the whims and demands of such tantrum throwing and blackmailing coalition partners. Even if the ruling party decides to have the unethical share of the economic pie, still it will be less harmful than the current scenario and help better policies to be implemented.

I am aware that with this would also come the evil side of the story. The country will shift a little towards autocracy but I believe it will give us a better life in this nation. We are already at the rock bottom, by deleting the smaller viruses on the political scene we have a better chance. It increases the probability of overall growth. Its about chipping away slowly at the defects and improving the system step by step.

I believe that a voting round be carried out every 2 and ½ years. This will keep the ruling party on their toes and they will have to give continued positive performance. We see this type of system in corporate entities. An appraisal round over a set period sends a clear message to the concerned executives/members that they have to give their best. I know there are many decisions, policies and projects which need a long time, even much more than 2 and ½ years to be fruitful but then this step will ensure that the ruling party strives for it at least with the fear that they might be voted out of power if they don’t deliver on their promises.

To have a better governance, I think introducing a committee comprising of 10 odd representatives from the best spheres of the nation will be a nice avenue to explore and implement. Let them be from Economics, Politics, Sports, History, Science, Defence, Culture, Management etc. This committee will be elected by the nation as per their candidature for a specific tenure. Now, in turn this committee will assign portfolios of the central government excluding Defence, Home and Finance to the members of the winning party with the consent of the Prime Minister and the big 3 ministers. The committee members will oversee the actions of the ministers. Thus there will be a circle of governance with some or the other member involved in governance having a say on the other's appointment. I believe it would be very difficult to defeat such a circle of power. There will be objection to the idea if ever any of the leaders do try and implement it but some part of it also offers personal gains for the larger parties which I believe is enough to hook them on! I am quite sure that they are frustrated and irritated at being ordered and blackmailed by the minority parties so I will hope that this idea illuminates some successive generations to come one day and they do the needful. 

To end today’s blog, I have a fantastic news to be relayed to all of you. ISRO is going to launch 5 new satellites and Chandrayaan 2, the latter being launched by 2013.
Another great achievement for ISRO and the nation. My best wishes with these heroes and I hope they continue to come up with such developments.
Kudos!

Jai Hind!

No comments: