About Me

My photo
Nashik, Maharashtra, India
Analyst, Investor, Student, Animal Lover, Gaming Enthusiast, Saarthi, Hindu Nationalist, Seeker and Chaitanya! I take immense pride as a Bhaaratiya and as a Hindu - I have complete faith that the Sanatani value system can truly guide us towards inner peace which forms the nucleus of all my actions. I like to think of myself as a Thought Provoker and an Inquisitive Traveler committed to my nation’s tryst with destiny - to realize the dreams of Arya Chanakya, Swami Vivekananda, Veer Savarkar, Shivaji Maharaj, APJ Abdul Kalam and many more. My Faith: No cause is lost if there is 1 mad guy left to fight for it! My Motto: God give me courage to change what I can, the strength to accept what I can’t and the wisdom to know the difference! My Principle: Ask not what the nation does for you, ask what you can do for your nation! My Driving Force: Karen Raven's quote, "Only as high as I reach can I grow, only as far as I seek can I go, only as deep as I look can I see, only much as I dream can I be" My Goal: To make myself a better person today, than what I was yesterday!

Saturday 15 May 2010

Pepsi & Coke..An Interesting Tale..

I read an interesting story a few days back which somewhat underlines the power of youth awakening, advocated strongly by Swami Vivekananda during his lifetime.
The story is about the 2 cola giants- Pepsi and Coca Cola.
Many years ago, Pepsi ruled the roost in the cola market. Due to certain complacent decisions and Coke's Strong charge, Pepsi within 2 years lost a chunk of their customers, thus nose diving to an insignificant level of market share.
Pepsi went into hibernation for the next 10 years and Coke was the King. After 10 years, Pepsi started recapturing the Cola Market out of nowhere. A company believed to be finished was coming back. Coke, in desperation put on a few spies to learn what was happening.

Their Analysis-

For the 10 years, Pepsi had slowly built up a liking of their cola in the school going population. They had targeted the young generation into accepting Pepsi as the better cola. The result being, after 10 years, a generation was suddenly in favour of Pepsi over Coca Cola and Pepsi regained what it had lost. Since then Coke has come back and in global market they are evenly matched but all of us can learn something from Pepsi's strategy.

Pepsi used this ploy to resurrect their business, while we can use it resurrect our characters, eventually resulting in the resurrection of Bhaarat.
Chanakya said,

"No Power can stop the power of the Youth"

For a tree to grow, we have to water at its grass roots. What are the grass roots for any nation?
They are the young guns with the right characters.
Today, all of us, the youth, need to water at the grass roots of their characters and with the correct sunshine, our characters will grow into mighty trees.
Please do not mistake character with personality. Personality is what the world sees of us while character is what the inner core is.
Personality, like knowledge, helps us earn a living ; Character, like Wisdom, earns us our life.

We have heard of the phrase, drop drop makes an ocean, then why can't we be those drops of our great ocean Bhaarat?

Swami Vivekananda has said, “Attitude is infectious”. 1 good thought can affect those around us.
I have started watering at the roots, when are you going to join me?

Jai Hind!

No comments: