About Me

My photo
Nashik, Maharashtra, India
Analyst, Investor, Student, Animal Lover, Gaming Enthusiast, Saarthi, Hindu Nationalist, Seeker and Chaitanya! I take immense pride as a Bhaaratiya and as a Hindu - I have complete faith that the Sanatani value system can truly guide us towards inner peace which forms the nucleus of all my actions. I like to think of myself as a Thought Provoker and an Inquisitive Traveler committed to my nation’s tryst with destiny - to realize the dreams of Arya Chanakya, Swami Vivekananda, Veer Savarkar, Shivaji Maharaj, APJ Abdul Kalam and many more. My Faith: No cause is lost if there is 1 mad guy left to fight for it! My Motto: God give me courage to change what I can, the strength to accept what I can’t and the wisdom to know the difference! My Principle: Ask not what the nation does for you, ask what you can do for your nation! My Driving Force: Karen Raven's quote, "Only as high as I reach can I grow, only as far as I seek can I go, only as deep as I look can I see, only much as I dream can I be" My Goal: To make myself a better person today, than what I was yesterday!

Monday 1 November 2010

Missing Dagger, Twisted Intent....

Ever since I got hold of Shivaji Maharaj's photo tearing the guts of Afzal Khan (posted under the caption 'Eliminating Terrorism' on my blog) I have been planning to post on the subject. The beauty of the search for that photo was that it led me to a very interesting website. At first sight, it amazed me that this website carried the said photo but then upon closer look it spoke of the same ignorance and fanatic hatred with which we are well acquainted of from our 'dear' north western neighbours.

"Secular India : Anti-Muslim Shivaji statue to guard Bombay shores" this was the title of the article which I am referring to. We used to have those spot the difference games in our childhood. Friends, please spot the difference in the following images :




The portrait to the left is the original one. (I have been unsuccessful in my attempt to find out the painter of the portrait but to that person, whosoever it is, it is indeed magnificent and inspiring). The portrait to the right is the corrupted one which I found on the website of the earlier mentioned article.

There are 2 differences worth noting :

1) The corrupted image does not carry the dagger which is seen falling from the right hand of Afzal Khan as in the original one but unfortunately for the person who has edited the image, he has forgotten to erase the wind trails just below Afzal Khan's hand which indicate the presence of a falling object and thus rendering the entire exercise to portray Afzal Khan as some innocent school kid, vulnerable to critical analysis and thus exposing the fraud within!
2) The 2nd difference i.e the tagline, completes the objective of the editor; but as I have said earlier he forgot the wind trails!

Now coming back to the article, the author himself sounds tad confused about the entire issue. On one hand, he claims Shivaji Maharaj to be Anti-Muslim and on the other, cites examples of few of Shivaji Maharaj's top generals being Muslims!!
The article states "credible historians agree on a few following basic points" and crap follows! It would be worth it to know which credible historians is he talking about!

"Afzal Khan, after leaving Bijapur, agreed to meet Shivaji in an open ground without arms and under normal diplomatic norms of peace and honesty." -- Oh yeah! Rape of Women; Loot, Arson and demolishing of temples is the new definition of peace and honesty!

"Face to face diplomacy was considered a matter of integrity for the Mughals." - Integrity? Mughals were infamous for actions of murdering one's own relatives indicating the lust for money, power and the throne. I wonder which integrity is the author associating with the Mughals?!

"During the embrace Shivaji surreptitiously attacked Afzal Khan with the “wagh nakh” and “bich’hwa“, spilling his blood and entrails on the ground." -- What about mentioning the prior part of the story?

The author ends his article with the following lines --

"Mumbai is to sport another new symbol of Islamophobia and bigotry–the statue of Shivaji, a guerrilla fighter from the South that harassed Mughal forces by hit and run attacks. Could Muslims return the favor this time?"

To summarize, editing has been done quite effectively, if not perfectly, to portray Shivaji Raje as some terrorist who attacked Afzal Khan without reason; and Afzal Khan was some cute, little bunny. By providing such false information, the author is promoting uncalled hatred and enmity against truth among the readers of the article if they happen to be like minded. He has conveniently neglected the basic truth that Mughals were invaders and plunderers who had come to loot Hindustaan of her glory, her richness, her wisdom and her growth - the very things that made her an enviable land to many a foreign thieves including the Greek and the British. It is of prime importance to throw out the invaders and fight for the motherland as done by Shivaji Maharaj and I am proud to say that this great nation was blessed with such a heroic, smart and brave leader. The goal of Hindavi Swaraj was not an anti-muslim one evident by not only the presence of Muslim officers in Shivaji Raje's ranks but also the tolerance and equality displayed by him as "The People's King". The limited minds of those who term him as a hindu fanatic do not understand what the word "Hindu" means. (Again, check out my blog Not for Christ for the definition). The concept of "Hindu Rashtra" never asks us to fight for the religion Hinduism but calls upon us to fight for the nation Hindustaan. The mere fact that our nation comes first over our religion as shared by Lord Krishna in Bhagavad Geeta emphasizes the point that our path to freedom and the title of super power is not by cruelty for the sake of cruelty but on all ethical and moral beliefs.

The basic objective of this blog is to highlight what people, especially the youth, across the borders are thinking. The youth class of our enemies is uniting against Hindustaan, the land of Gods, the land of peace. It is indeed sad that they are using false information and fanatic concepts to do this but it is the truth today. The author by stating 'Could Muslims return the favour this time?' has sounded a warning bell to all of us.

With this, we must also remember that the pseudo-secularists of this nation are aiding our enemies against the culture of Hindustaan by incorporating misguiding texts into the school syllabus against great warriors and nation lovers like Shivaji Maharaj. They are dividing us with every available reason for the same and executing the ever so rampant technique of minority appeasement. Even after so many years of oppression at the hands of different invaders, Hindustaan has not given up, she has not accepted defeat and this very fact must strengthen our resolve "We won't quit!" Truth is what we must unite with. It is our destiny to be back. I reiterate, let us fight back against this ignorance and usher in an intellectual revolution. Let us be aware of the falsehoods of the enemies and the imminent danger lurking nearby.

Jai Hind!


2 comments:

Tejasvita Apte said...

very true.. m very happy to read this article ... it rekindles my faith in the youth of our country... it assures me that not all are illusion-ed.... thanks for sharing...
i dont know if you already know, but there is a foreign journalist called Franocis Gautier who has worked a lot for kashmiri pandits... he resides in india, and the govt has awrded him honorary citizenship... he lives in pondicherry...
i am posting a link... please read this article... infact, pls go through his blog... its very nice and very inspiring...
(http://www.francoisgautier.com/En/15.html)
its on similar lines... about the hero of india - shivaji...

Chaitanya Godbole said...

A nice article, Tejasvita. It will surely benefit our truth team! It is painful what it mentions but I hope one day we will awaken to the truth.