About Me

My photo
Nashik, Maharashtra, India
Analyst, Investor, Student, Animal Lover, Gaming Enthusiast, Saarthi, Hindu Nationalist, Seeker and Chaitanya! I take immense pride as a Bhaaratiya and as a Hindu - I have complete faith that the Sanatani value system can truly guide us towards inner peace which forms the nucleus of all my actions. I like to think of myself as a Thought Provoker and an Inquisitive Traveler committed to my nation’s tryst with destiny - to realize the dreams of Arya Chanakya, Swami Vivekananda, Veer Savarkar, Shivaji Maharaj, APJ Abdul Kalam and many more. My Faith: No cause is lost if there is 1 mad guy left to fight for it! My Motto: God give me courage to change what I can, the strength to accept what I can’t and the wisdom to know the difference! My Principle: Ask not what the nation does for you, ask what you can do for your nation! My Driving Force: Karen Raven's quote, "Only as high as I reach can I grow, only as far as I seek can I go, only as deep as I look can I see, only much as I dream can I be" My Goal: To make myself a better person today, than what I was yesterday!

Thursday 17 February 2011

Courage Personified....

"Long time no See?!!" would be the most appropriate blog starter for today !!
Hoping all of you are doing well; enjoying life, its challenges and problems and racking up your brains to find up solutions or trying hard to realize "why" something happens. Well, "why" is something which has made its presence felt and persisted with its stay in my head more often than not in the past 20/30 days. I am sure I will be getting the answers if I look at the right places; while looking around for these places, like many times before, I have found something worth sharing and worth deriving inspiration from.
One of them is a man named Pradeep Ovalekar of Thane and another was a boy named Rajib Das of Kolkata.

Pankhanda, Ghodbunder Road, Thane has a tribal settlement. These few homes have gone through the inconvenience of being disconnected from the mainland during the monsoons over the years. Their path to the mainland lies over a free flowing nullah which would prevent these locals to travel to the other side during the monsoon. They had repeatedly requested the administration to build a simple bridge and solve this problem yet there was not even a fair audience to their plea let alone considering it. Now call it care, sense of duty or whatever you prefer; Mr. Ovalekar put in the funds from his own pocket to construct a bridge over the nullah and thus found a remedy to the headache caused to the residents of Pankhanda. Imagine being locked up in some place for an entire season with scarce and insufficient supplies - this is what the residents won't be experiencing any more thanks to Mr. Ovalekar. He says it was the children missing their school because of the flooding which troubled him the most and that is where my respect for him increases further - understanding the importance of education. It deserves praise and it deserves acknowledgement; a simple appreciation and a show of respect is all that would show we care to what happens and we know that not only the ugly but also some good stuff is going around.

The next part of the blog is indeed ugly as it involves a murder of a teenage fighter Rajib Das. Rape and molestation cases are increasing exponentially over time. Corruption too has gone up along with loot, selfishness and cowardice. There are few things which do not boom exponentially so as to balance the laws of nature but they carry high weightage when and where they do. Two of them are called courage and selfless "karma". Rajib Das was murdered by drunk goons at Barasat on the outskirts of Kolkata when he valiantly tried to fight these thugs and protect his sister from their evil intentions. He was assaulted with a knife and a revolver butt. Even after being stabbed multiple times in this unfair battle, he chose not to give up and keep on trying to protect his sister. While many a times, rape cases and incidences hit the front page but hardly does it happen that an act of courage, defiance and perseverance makes the headline. This one does as this lad fought fear - the fear of pain, the fear of loss.

It is easy to be scared; it is easy to run away and shrug off one's duties but it is difficult to take a stand and fight for what you love. It is indeed very easy to say "I can do nothing"; maybe as easy as saying "I am helpless because of the coalition politics" and not as hard as admitting "I am taking orders from Madamji." It is always the path of truth, the path of "dharma" (duty) which asks us tough unavoidable questions. Be it the suo moto attitude of Mr. Ovalekar or the courage of Rajib Das, both need extraordinary efforts and I honour their choices and their subsequent actions.

"Personality is what you do, think and behave when people are watching; Character is what you do, think and behave when none are."
Anonymous

It is in the Character of few men to act as the above two mentioned characters have. In the case of the latter, my heart goes out to the boy's family and especially his sister who had to witness this painful event. Rajib fought for what he loved and paid a heavy price. Yes, he has lost his life but his simple act of defiance and his fighting spirit will live on in the Eternal 4th Dimension of Time. Actions and thoughts linger on irrespective whether the person lives on or not. They stay over to inspire someone else, change someone else and pass on the worldly wisdom to someone else thus bit by bit adding to the fire of revolution. Just as good thoughts do, evil thoughts do as well; the difference lies in the ability of attraction. Evil has a greater power of attraction because of the slam bang approach and instant gratification instead of the soft whispers of wisdom and its toil; and that is what we must be vigilant about - not to be lured by the short term gains of evil and realize the long term loss before choosing a path of evil or inaction.
I ask God to give me the will of Mr. Pradeep Ovalekar and the courage of Rajib Das as I move on ahead towards my goal with the support of you all. I am going to need that when I have decided to stand up for the thing I love the most - Bhaarat.....

Jai Hind!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

gr8 2 see der r ppl like u who r ready to become da torchbearers of da nw improved n strong nation of ours...luved da blog....

SSG said...

Really such inspiring news should come on front page,such great people should be interviewed on T.V. They are relaying Swami Vivekanand's message Arise;Awake & Stop not until your Goal is reached!